Service ManagerNovember 13, 2020
We have an opening in Columbus, Ohio that has responsibility for the installation operations in Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
McKee is a market leader in the sale, installation and service of industrial loading dock doors, industrial fire doors and related door equipment. At McKee, we are passionate about providing high quality, value-added products and services to our customers. The core strength of our company is our employees. One of our cornerstone values is to be forthright and reliable in our relationships with our customers, employees and suppliers. A top priority of McKee is to develop and maintain longstanding relationships with each client. Total satisfaction and world class customer service is our goal. McKee’s clients include owner/developers, architectural/engineering firms, construction managers, and general contractors
McKee offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including medical, dental, vision, and a 401(K) match. We also provide excellent training and ample opportunity for advancement.
This position will be responsible for coordinating activities concerned with the installation & new construction of loading docks and commercial door equipment. The work of the Project Manager is often hands-on, interacting with sales representatives, estimators, project managers, site managers, service team members, accounting, and with installation and service personnel to ensure operational plans are developed and implemented.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Operations and knowledge of construction experience preferred.
- Ability to read/take off blueprints and specifications
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with the confidence to make decisions and the ability to be creative
- Manage own time effectively
- Accuracy, and timeliness of work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Quick Books (billing functions) preferred
- Confidence and good working knowledge of McKee’s business
- Not afraid to tackle problems for which there is a time constraint and no known solution.
- Good individual contributor
- Good Problem Solver
- Ability to communicate technical solution to non -technical people.
- Exudes leadership and competency of their craft. Someone who can earn peoples respect quickly.
- Demonstrates empathy for customers’ circumstances and gets sense of accomplishment by helping others.
- Empower, organize, and develop the installation group into a cohesive and effective team trained and motivated to provide outstanding installations and grow the business. Responsible for hiring quality individuals who possess the necessary skills
- Company profit goals are met and exceeded through superior project delivery, as measured by on budget, on time and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with Sales and Service Teams.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the installation and new construction of material handling equipment projects.
- Loading and unloading of trucks/trailers, as needed.
- Attend company project and job-site meetings.
- Conduct site-walks and surveys.
- Measure job sites for preparation of installations.
- Increase sales opportunities by submitting any suggested recommendations via change order to the General Contractor for consideration.
- Order all materials; to fulfill McKee contract commitments, for new construction projects.
- Manage General Contractors and vendors for quality of work.
- Develop and own new construction installation schedule.
- Complete punch lists.
- Pick up and deliver parts, materials and supplies to job-sites, as required.
- Manage work orders (paper and digital) for each job in a timely manner.
- Perform hazard assessments and maintain a high standard of safe work practices and quality control.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Help install members to clarify installation and application issues
- Support Owner Training Program – Assist sales department with securing maintenance contracts for new equipment installed
- Assist McKee’s customers in answering inquiries, including product application recommendations, and provide special details and/or information as needed
- Work with vendors/manufacturers to strengthen relationships and define unique needs
- Provide information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, written form, email, or in person
Key Performance Measurements:
- A score card that reflects performance in areas such as safety, completion time for projects, customer satisfaction, and issue resolution.
- Hire and develop superior employees.
- Address C players.
- No A player employees voluntarily terminate in any year.
- 75% of new hires retained one year later.
- Maintain an OSHA mod (EMR rating) of no higher than .95 and have complete safety program to drive the result.
- Management observation regarding attitude, diligence, team contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and information.
- Other key metrics prescribed by McKee leadership, resulting in positive customer and Company impact.