Fire Door Inspection
Don’t pay the High Price of Neglecting your Fire Doors
Quality Fire Door Inspection Service
Drop Testing and Annual Follow-Up Owners Guidelines
Don’t pay the high price of neglecting your Fire Doors
Rolling Fire Doors are designed to provide automatic closing and fire protection as indicated on the fire door label. The automatic closing of the door must be tested at the time of door installation and annually as required by NFPA 80. The doors must be checked regularly by a trained door systems technician for conditions that may affect the operation of the door. The technicians will perform an annual inspection and drop test of all fire door automatic closing features.
McKee, Inc. trained technicians inspect the following components:
- Inspect fire doors for damage to guides, curtain and endlocks, hood and operating mechanism.
- Ensure that the doors operating mechanism , fuse links and release chain/cable are not painted and/or covered with debris
- Open and close the door to inspect for any indication of damaged parts
- Notify owner of any nearby flammable substances or obstructions to door activation
- When subjected to drop testing, the door must close completely at an average closing speed of 6” to 24” per second